diamandbow's staff application

Discussion in 'Approved Applications' started by diamandbow, Nov 2, 2019.

1. diamandbow

diamandbow Helper

Personal Questions:

What’s your Minecraft username?
    diamandbow
    What is your timezone? CET (GMT+1)
    What is your date of birth? 17/10/2005
    How long have you been playing on DragonBlock? Around 3 months I think.
    Do you have access to Discord and a working microphone? Yes, but Discord makes my microphone sound bad so I'll try to fix that fast.

General Questions:

How much time can you dedicate to staffing on the server? Around 2-4 hours daily. When I have to do a lot for school it can go down to 1 hour but I'll let the staff team know if it happens.
    Have you ever violated the rules and regulations of the server, or any other server? If so, please explain why you were and what you learnt. A few years ago I used to use small hacks like fly because I didn't have the money to buy it. The best thing I've learned from hacking is that it's never worth it and you will get caught pretty fast. Using hacks for a while also made it easier for me to identify hacks and spot hackers.
    Tell us about a time you’ve made a mistake. What did you do, how did you fix the mistake and what did you learn from it. I once banned a well known user instead of a trouble maker on a Discord server. I apologised and then gave that user acces to control a music bot and started a music event which he got to host. I now look carefully at usernames and spend a few seconds looking if it's the same name and not a simular name.

Have you had any prior experience in being a staff member? If so, what role did you fulfil and how can you use that experience to add value to the current staff team? I have been an admin on a few Discord servers. My task was to look if people violated the rules and then giving that person the right punishment. Because I have some staff experience it will be easier to see when I need to step in and stop an arguement before it gets out of hand.
    Why do you think you deserve the role as a Helper? I have played on Dragonblock for a while and I always try to help players as good as possible. The day I wrote this application I helped a new player and he told me I should apply for helper. So I did.
    Have you made any other applications for staff on DragonBlock? What have you learnt since then? This is my first time applying for staff on Dragonblock

Scenarios:

1. It’s your first day as a Helper, you are the only staff member online. You mute a well-known player on the server, for spamming in chat, soon after, a bunch of other players message you to unmute the player and tell you that you can’t abuse your commands. What do you do? I would explain to the players why I muted that player. If after that they don't stop I'll say send them a link to the rules and tell them where to find the rule that was broken.

2. A player has just bought an item from the store but didn’t receive their items, they are getting progressively impatient and start trashing the server. What do you do? I would explain that a purcharse could take up to 15 mins untill you recieve what you bought in-game. I would also warn that person or mute (depending on their history with punishments) if they are using racist slurs or directly swearing at a person or a group of people.

3. You temporarily mute a player for spamming, soon after the mute expires, he spams again. You see that he has a history of violating the rules and regulations. What do you do? Perm mute him and discuss with the staff team what is going to happen with him next.

2. diamandbow

diamandbow Helper

I just realised that I missed the part where I tell my rank but it's warlord

3. IAFCChaos

IAFCChaos Helper

I recommend this guy, knowledgeable of the server rules and plugins and helps every chance he gets. +1 from Chaos :)

diamandbow likes this.
  4. Monjii

Monjii Administrator
    Staff Member

Approved

diamandbow likes this.