Map 3 Release

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Monjii, Nov 28, 2019.

1. Monjii

Monjii Administrator
    Staff Member

[​IMG]

Hey guys! It's definitely been a while hasn't it! Let me explain... So over the course of the past 3 weeks I've been working on Map 3, after finding out of the multiple issues that you guys were experiencing in Map 2 I started to immediately work on the next map, the reason why I haven't fixed anything or the reason why you guys haven't seen me in game much is due to me putting all my effort into Map 3. I haven't sorted out the existing bugs in Map 2 as most of the issues in that map were going to go in Map 3 as they will no longer be features.

Anyway, now to the good news. We've finally completed Map 3 to ensure we've optimised the performance, I will also be back on daily change logs and make sure that I'm on the server a lot more! We have mainly focussed on rebuilding the foundations of the server that will be explained down below.

Map 3 Features

Brand New Skyblock Plugin

I think the biggest thing as I mentioned was to re-build the foundations of the server, the biggest issue that we had in Map 2 was the crap skyblock plugin that we installed, the plugin wasn't written effectively, it didn't offer things like member upgrades and just the overall performance wasn't great, it actually started to delete some of our players islands, which of course is game breaking. We've installed a brand new skyblock plugin and after extensive research and testing, I am proud to say that this will be the perfect chance for Dragonblock to make it up to you. Using /is help in game will show you the vast amount of commands that the plugin has to offer.

Performance / Optimisations

As you guys probably know, in terms of performance, we weren't the best in Map 2, having really intensive plugins such as break hoppers did cause the server a lot of lag, and due to that reason we had no choice but to remove it for Map 3, we had to strip it down to the basics so do expect a lot more smoother gameplay.

Generators

Now this was going to be the highlight of Map 3 but due to some delays and complications we've decided to delay this even further to Map 4, I will definitely not be releasing half tested, I will only make sure that the best is released otherwise it will only just cause more issues. But more information regarding this new feature will be given when I am able to do so.

Greentyson and Thee_Spyder like this.