Staff Application: NightandMe

Discussion in 'Denied Applications' started by NightandMe, Oct 13, 2019.

1. NightandMe

NightandMe Member

Personal Questions:
    • What’s your Minecraft username? NightandMe
    • What is your timezone? Eastern
    • What is your date of birth? February 12 2005
    • How long have you been playing on DragonBlock? A few days.
    • Do you have access to Discord and a working microphone? Yes.
    • What is your current rank on the server? Player
    General Questions:

How much time can you dedicate to staffing on the server?

I can dedicate 75% of the day to the server. When it comes to staffing and playing on servers I am very flexible so I can go about 8-16 hours a day of staffing which could improve and balance the server by a lot.

Have you ever violated the rules and regulations of the server or any other server? If so, please explain why you were and what you learnt.

Nope, no other servers.

Tell us about a time you’ve made a mistake. What did you do, how did you fix the mistake and what did you learn from it.

While I was staffing I falsely banned someone without proof I learned to try to get more proof and more witnesses before ever banning anyone.

Have you had any prior experience in being a staff member? If so, what role did you fulfil and how can you use that experience to add value to the current staff team?

I have been a moderator for a lot of things whether it's Minecraft servers, discord servers, etc! I am going to start on a Minecraft server when I became a staff member when I was 11 years old! I was a great staff member and I helped a lot of people but I was still pretty immature for my age. By the way, I have no proof whatsoever so please believe me! Anyways, when I was 12 I joined a server called glow craft which had a player base of over 50 players in total! When I was 13 and a half I joined this server called MineBladeGames and I became a helper, it had a player base of over 1,000 players! I then quit to pursue my dreams on Dragonblock! I have been a part of a lot of different discord servers there was this French one called Amnesia which had 6,000 members! It was later shut down due to the owner being banned on several different accounts, I was a chat moderator on there and I banned a few trouble makers! I have had 2 different discord servers of my owner with 100 members and the other one with 200 members that I both have shut down due to the fact I didn't have enough motivation to continue it and the staff shortage on there, the server was dead anyway. One last discord server had about 800 members it was a Roblox server and I became head of staff because I was better than everyone else at my job because all the other trainees did not take it seriously so I than became head of staff. I resigned and the discord server was later shutdown. I can use those experiences to add to the value of the staff team because I overall have had years of staffing on different servers and that can add up to a lot on small servers like this.

Why do you think you deserve the role as a Helper?

I think I deserve helper role because I can overall give players a great time and I am always looking forward to helping new players. Also if I become helper I can learn even more about the server. Helping people is just something I love to do so I will always give a warm welcome to people and make sure no one is hacking or trying to flood the server with spam! I just love to chat and staff, in general, it is a very fun job and it can balance the server by a lot. So I think I deserve helper because I will just try to help everyone I can and make sure everyone has and stays on the server whilst having a happy experience!

Have you made any other applications for staff on DragonBlock? What have you learnt since then?
    Nope
    Scenarios:

1. It’s your first day as a Helper, you are the only staff member online. You mute a well-known player on the server for spamming in chat, soon after, a bunch of other players message you to unmute the player and tell you that you can’t abuse your commands. What do you do?

I would tell the people that he/she was muted for a reason and he will have to wait until his mute expires. I cannot do anything about it and you will have to wait. Please learn from this mute and do not spam me telling me to unmute him/her.

2. A player has just bought an item from the store but didn’t receive their items, they are getting progressively impatient and start trashing the server. What do you do?

I would tell the player to please be a little more patient while I am reporting the issue to an admin. You will shortly get a refund or your items from the admin. (I would also personally give them some items for the issue.)

3. You temporarily mute a player for spamming, soon after the mute expires, he spams again. You see that he has a history of violating the rules and regulations. What do you do?

I would definitely temp ban them for spamming and other violations, if he/she still does not spam I shall have to permanently ban them as it is the rules. I might IP-ban him too just in case he does have alts.

AcidicCat likes this.
  2. NightandMe

NightandMe Member

I would write more but the website is so laggy and I cannot write much.

3. Monjii

Monjii Administrator
    Staff Member

This is under review for the next 2 weeks.

NightandMe likes this.
  4. NightandMe

NightandMe Member

No point of that, I have been banned.

5. Monjii

Monjii Administrator
    Staff Member

Denied, you have been banned.